Welcome to the Science of Behavior website!
This website is devoted to achieving a happier, less consuming, and self-sustaining world. It is the pathway to learning about how the Science of Behavior can lead to your personal fulfillment and happiness, as well as others around you.
At this website you can:
- Learn about the Science of Behavior, commonly referred to as “behavior analysis” or “applied behavior analysis” (sometimes called “behavior modification,” “behavioral psychology” or “behaviorology”). Here you can learn about its philosophy, assumptions, and the important relationships between behavior and the environment.
- Acquire knowledge about applying evidence-based interventions that can produce positive behavior change solutions in homes, schools, businesses, communities, and the world-at-large.
- Understand ethical behavior and how to manage conflicts between individual and cultural (social) contingencies of reinforcement.
- Explain the relation of personal feelings to actions, why people feel the way they do, and how to create a world in which people will feel better.
- Examine issues of “free will” versus control by other persons, groups, and governments.
- Learn how to curtail dangerous world trends such as overpopulation, overconsumption, pollution, and warfare.
- Become more familiar with the important writings of B.F. Skinner.
To accomplish the above goals, this website provides interactive tutorials that employ the powerful teaching technology known as Programmed Instruction.
First Time Visitors:
Click here to explore the menu of tutorials. (The tutorial menu is also available in the tab at the top of this webpage.)
Some tutorials and resources are provided at no cost. You are invited to be our free “Guest.”
Other tutorials and resources are offered at a modest fee to cover maintenance of this website, management of grades and educational credits, and to support development of additional tutorials.